As one of the world's leading ship financiers, we help to preserve the innovative power of maritime enterprises. We are Germany's leading ship financier and among the world's top ten.
Our main target groups
- European shipyards: We finance vessels built at German and European shipyards and exported throughout the world.
- European vessel owners: We finance both the construction of new vessels and the modernisation of existing vessels operated by European ship owners.
- European and German equipment suppliers: We finance vessels that are built globally with European equipment and/or components.
Our financing products:
- Financing of maritime vessels with European content
- German and other European export loans
- Investment loans for European maritime companies
- Down payment and post delivery financings
- Project and corporate loans and related hedging products
Video statement: Maritime Industries charts a new route
Mr. Holger Apel, Global Head of Maritime Industries
60325 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Phone:+49 (0) 69 74 31-8819
Fax:+49 (0) 69 74 31-3768
We finance worldwide
We finance maritime vessels with European technology worldwide, including the bulk of projects realised on German and European shipyards: investments by cargo shipping companies, offshore exploration and production and passenger shipping. In this way we promote family-owned enterprises and listed corporates that are world leaders in their industry, as well as their suppliers.
Various media have reported on the new AIDAnova cruise ship. We are very pleased to have financed this innovative cruise liner powered by LNG (liquefied natural gas). Holger Apel, Global Head of Maritime Industries, spoke at length with HANSA about KfW IPEX-Bank's financing approach in the maritime industries.