We finance the extension and operation of motorways, the repair and maintenance of roads, tunnels, footways and bridges as well as traffic lights and energy-efficient road lighting.
Financing case: Blankenburg Tunnel in the Netherlands
KfW IPEX-Bank is participating in the financing with EUR 75 million.
Project profile - financing:
- Project financing with a total financing volume of EUR 900 million; the project sponsor will also be in charge of the maintenance work, a nonstandard approach for the Dutch market.
- Financing is provided by international funders Belfius, BNG, KBC, KDB, MEAG, Samsung Life, SMBC and KfW IPEX-Bank, as well as the European Investment Bank (EIB).
- PPP project between the Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and Environment ‘Rijkswaterstaat’ and the sponsors Ballast Nedam, DEME and Macquarie.
- The financing structure of the PPP project covers both the construction and maintenance period of the project, lasting approx. 25 years total. Construction is envisioned to take approx. 5 years, followed by an approx. 20 year maintenance period.
- Construction parties of the project comprise Ballast Nedam Infra BV, DIMCO and Dredging International.
- Blankenburg Tunnel is a project under the Investment Plan for Europe (known as the Juncker Plan).
Contribution of KfW IPEX-Bank:
- Contribution of KfW IPEX-Bank to the financing: EUR 75 million.
- KfW IPEX-Bank is acting as Mandated Lead Arranger, Bookrunner and Modelling Bank.
Project profile: Blankenburg Tunnel
- Construction of a new 4 km stretch of the A24 motorway including a roughly 1-km-long immersed tunnel and an approx. 0.5-km-long land tunnel.
- This new section will connect the A15 and A20 motorways, enabling easier access to the greater Rotterdam region.
With this financing KfW IPEX-Bank is supporting the expansion of infrastructure and a project in the interest of the European community.